We respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it.
We only collect, store and process your personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
E-Bedding Ltd are Controllers of the personal data you (data subject) provide us.
Please note that our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data
You can view our Privacy Policies online at https://nanusleep.co.uk/privacy-policy/
We, e-bedding Ltd, with registered office 1st Floor Cloister House Riverside, New Bailey Street, Manchester, England, M3 5FS act as data controller in respect of the personal data that you provide to us. E-bedding Ltd is an online retailer.
We trade under the following names, websites, and apps
- Sleepy People
- Branded Bedding
- Just Bedding
- UK Bedding
When you provide us with personal information to complete a task, arrange for a delivery, fulfil your order, return a purchase, enter a competition we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for another reason, like email marketing newsletters, we will ask you directly for your explicit consent.
Wherever consent is the only reason for using your personal data you have the right to change your mind and/or withdraw your consent. at any time, by clicking on the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email or by emailing DataProtectionTeam@e-bedding.co.uk
We may collect, use, store and/or transfer different kinds of personal data about you. What we mean by personal data is any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
We will limit the collection and processing pf personal data to what is necessary to achieve one or more purpose(s) as identified in this notice. The personal data we collect may include Information we request and includes but is not limited to the following:
- Delivery and Billing Addresses
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Date of birth
- Usernames and passwords
- Payment details
- Shopping activities
- Customer Queries
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Your personal data comprises both personal and financial information and includes information provided to us including:
- Information you give to us directly where you: contact us directly via telephone, letters or email;
- use our online contact forms, applications, emails;
- search for our products and services;
- apply for our products or services electronically or otherwise;
- take part in discussion boards or other forms of social media;
- request marketing material to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; and/or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Information we learn about you through our relationship and the way you interact with us;
- Information we may receive from third parties which may include other Comfy Group companies who provide services to you or us, credit reference, fraud prevention or government agencies;
- Information we gather using technology, which you may use to access our services (an IP address for example or telephone number), and how you use technology (for example recognising behavioural patterns);
- Information we gather from publicly available sources, such as the press, the electoral register, company registers and online search engines.
We will only use your personal data where it is necessary to carry out our business activities and we are required to have one or more of the following reasons for using your personal data:
- Performance of a contract – the personal data we may need to deliver our services to you;
- Legal obligation – where we are required by law to process your personal data;
- Legitimate interest – where we are permitted to use your personal data where on balance the benefits of us doing so is not outweighed by your legal rights;
- Consent – where your agreement is sought prior to utilising your personal data. Wherever consent is the only reason for using your personal data you have the right to change your mind and/or withdraw your consent.
We will mainly use your personal data in order to provide you with the requested goods and/or services including fulfilling your orders as well as informing you about promotions such as competitions and prize draws:
- Name ‑ To identify your account and enable correct correspondence
- Address ‑ Collection of postal address in order to deliver competition prizes, goods and collection of billing address to arrange for payment.
- Email Address – Collection of email addresses for purpose of competitions, warranty claims, delivery and future offers.
- Telephone number – Collection of phone numbers in order to give updates on faulty products, tracking / delivery status
- Date of birth – Collection of date of birth in order to identify your age against any products purchased or competitions entered into.
- Marketing – Also used to offer birthday gifts and future offers
- Gender – Collected for market research purposes and for future offers
- Usernames and passwords – To identify your account and enable correct correspondence. Passwords are securely stored to allow access to account information.
- Payment details – Collection of payment details for the purpose of order processing including purchase and potential refunds.
- Shopping activities – Collection of purchases, cancellations and refund are stored for the purpose of order processing.
We, or third party data processors who act on our behalf, may use the personal data you provide us in the following manner:
- Marketing Communications
If you have opted in to receiving marketing communications and provided your name, email address and/or address for this purpose we will process this personal data to contact you with special offers, sleep tips and related advice and news of product launches on the basis of your consent. We may also use your data for market research purposes, competitions and to assist in any customer service queries. This may include product recalls.You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data in this way at any time by following the “opt-out” link in any email communication we send to you or by emailing DataProtectionTeam@e-bedding.co.uk
- Social Media
By interacting with us on Social Media you are consenting to our interaction with you on the Social Media and the processing of your information accessed on the Social Media. The information about you that may be collected when you Interact with us on the Social Media may include without limitation your name, your user profile, your age, your preferences, choices and viewpoints with regards to the topic or subject matter of the relevant Social Media page, your photos and other images and your videos.Your Interaction with us on the Social Media may also involve you submitting a photo or video (“Your Image”). By Interacting with us on the Social Media you consent to us using Your Image for the purposes described when Your Image was requested or as described on the relevant Social Media page.
- competition participation
- your content submitted to the competition including any (user)name you would like to be displayed as credits for your content
- as well as any additional information set out in the competition terms or registration form as entry or other requirement.
- If the competition includes the shipment of a prize, we ask for your email address or an address to deliver the prize, if you win the competition.
We process this information so you are able to register for the participation in our Competitions and to carry out the Competitions including, if you win the competition, notifying/announcing you as winner online in accordance with the terms of the competition agreed between us.
If you win a competition, we may, with your consent, publish your username and/or the name submitted by you when entering the competition with regards to the winner publicly, such as online on our websites, social media sites, forum or other platforms, as agreed to in the terms of the respective competition. You can with draw such by emailing DataProtectionTeam@e-bedding.co.uk
- Sharing your data
- All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer and we may share your personal information with such third parties as are necessary to enable us to do such checks. The third parties, who may include credit reference agencies, may keep a record of the information provided.
- We may disclose your personal data where it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
- We may pass on non-personal aggregated information about sales, app and website usage to reputable organisations for research or analysis purposes only.
- We may pass your information to third parties in order to fulfil and/or despatch your orders and prizes.
- We process your payment card details in order to complete your purchase that you made through the Website, mobile applications and the kiosk, and may in certain instances disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
Except as set out above, we will never sell, distribute or disclose any of your personal data (except anonymous aggregate information) to any third party without your consent.
Our websites, services and competitions are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children under the age of 13/18. The terms of our competitions prohibit users aged under years from accessing our competitions without consent of their parent or guardian. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us DataProtectionTeam@e-bedding.co.uk. We will delete such information within a reasonable time.
Some information we hold may be stored on servers that may be located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). With certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
If you would like to find out more about these safeguards, please let us know by writing to
Data Protection Officer
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
How long we keep your personal data will depend on:
- What type of product or service we are providing for you, including product warranties, product updates, product recall and prizes
- How long laws or regulations say we must (warranties etc.)
- What we need for fraud and other financial crime prevention
- Other legitimate business reasons (for example because we need to respond to a complaint or legal claim)
You have the following rights:
- You have several rights under data protection laws which are set out below. You can access any of these rights at any time and if you wish to do so or require further information about your rights please contact us using the details above.
- Access – the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold on you. When you request this data, this is known as making a Subject Access Request (SAR). In most cases, this will be free of charge, however in some limited circumstances, for example, repeated requests for further copies, we may apply an administration fee;
- Rectification of personal data – is the right to have any inaccurate personal data corrected;
- Erasure of personal data – the right to have any out of date personal data deleted once there’s no business need or legal requirement for us to hold it;
- Restriction of processing personal data – the right to object or restrict some processing, in limited circumstances and only when we don’t have legitimate grounds for processing your personal data;
- Objection to processing of personal data – the right to object to your personal data being used for example to send you marketing material. As mentioned above, we’ll only send you marketing material where you’ve given us your consent to do so. You can remove your consent at any time;
- Automated decision making – the right to ask for a decision to be made manually, where a decision is made using automated means and this adversely impacts you; and
- Portability – the right to have personal data we hold about you transferred securely to another service provider in electronic form.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer
Via email: DataProtectionTeam@e-bedding.co.uk or in writing to
Data Protection Officer
Should you believe that any personal data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the ability to request to see this information, rectify it or have it deleted. Please use the contact details above
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal data and/or wish to complain about how your personal data is being processed, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details provided above and the Data protection Officer will look into your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter..
If you’re not satisfied with our response, you can raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/, the UK’s supervisory authority set up to enforce the Data Protection Regulations
We are keen to promote the best interests of consumers and how their personal data is used; for further information about data protection you can visit:
The Direct Marketing Association; www.dma.org.uk
The Citizens Advice Bureau; www.adviceguide.org.uk